Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Necessary Evil - Money

     When man first began to "buy" things, they would barter. They would trade a chicken or tobacco or some other good for some good or service. Isn't it a bit crazy how much we value this green mixture of paper and cloth fibers? Money is often the root of all greed and can cause some Christians to stray from Christ. Christ is all we need. Period. It makes me so angry how "important" money is these days. We spend our lives focused around money. We get an education so we can get a better job to earn more money. Then we save up the money for our children. Money, money, money!
     My family doesn't have a lot of money. We have endless love and compassion for others, but in this world, that means almost nothing. People like us are usually the ones who fall through the cracks in America. I'm not trying to be all "woe is me" about it, but when we have to go days at a time without have any food... I think it is worthy of being addressed. 
     I don't know where I was going with this post. I don't want pity, but it is pretty sad how something like a $5 lanyard can put us in debt... Whereas it doesn't make a dent in any other family's credit.

No comments:

Post a Comment